Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Invitation by Scarlett Sanderson


I love Christmas. For me it’s a magical time filled with goodwill to all and a deep seated belief that anything is possible. Looking out of my window here in England we actually have snow! Now, for anyone not in the United Kingdom, I’ll explain why snow five days before Christmas is so exciting. Every year we hope for a white Christmas and all we get is horribly damp, mild weather. The snow usually makes an appearance in January when everyone is back at work and causes chaos.


This is the first time it has snowed before Christmas in many years. I’m thoroughly excited!
As I said...Christmas is a time for believing. It was this belief in the fantastic that made me sit down and write The Invitation — a Christmas fairytale.


I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!! And remember, anything is possible...
Blurb:

Evie Ward lives in her head. As a writer she weaves magical tales of timeless love, things that go bump in the night and seductive, charismatic heroes. When an invitation to the most prestigious Christmas Eve ball in the country arrives, Evie is stunned. Personally signed by the handsome, yet elusive, Gabriel Longthorn, she begins to wonder what a man like him could possibly want with her. Could it be her wildest fantasies of Christmas at Longthorn Manor are finally coming true? Whisked into a fairytale world where everything she can imagine is real, Evie must take a leap of faith this Christmas if she is to change her life forever?

No comments: