Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hello from Maggie Toussaint

I'm new to The Wild Rose Press, so new I don't know the first thing about my book coming out! I know I wrote it (& rewrote it), but that's about it. It's due for a new title and an editor comb-through. I'm excited to be here, very excited that my romantic suspense will be in readers' hands before too much longer. Heck I'm just plain old excited! And I want to tell you a bit more about myself.

Are you a fan of Daylight Savings Time? I'm not. Twice a year I have to reset my biological clock, as well as all the house clocks and the car clock. I never know when to eat, so my brain sends out the signal to eat at every opportunity - not a good message to send out to someone who loves chocolate as much as I do. I'm worried that my negative attitude towards the time change shows that I'm morphing into - my Grandmother.

Another thing that's been on my mind of late is taking care of elderly adults. It seems that there is a fine line between overstepping your bounds and minding your own business. I have a mind that likes to take apart puzzles, but this isn't always a good thing when the puzzle is a relative's life, a relative who is hanging onto his/her dignity by a slim spider web. I hope for courage to know when to step in and when to keep my mouth shut.

I'm not a very good housekeeper. In fact, house work always falls to the bottom of my to-do list. If there are any tasks that aren't related to dusting, vacuuming, cleaning, etc, they tend to get done first. I also have an aversion to bugs being in my house. I like them outside just fine, but when they come inside my house, this means war! I'm a great bug squisher.

Okay. Enough odd facts about me. Hopefully I'll have some real book news soon to post.

Maggie Toussaint

2 comments:

MarlyMathews said...

Welcome to The Wild Rose Press, Maggie!

~Marly

Tempest Knight said...

It's a good thing we don't have daylight savings in Puerto Rico. But the darn thing sure screws up my TV programming. Now everything is an hour later. Yuck!