Thursday, February 08, 2018

What Tools Do You Need - Post Four




This banner is from one of my personal groups where I invite authors to post about their books.  I’ve made an investment in my graphics. If you have a budget and it provides for a graphic artist, then by all means, hire the person and go back to writing. I don’t have such a budget so I make do with what I can.
Here’s some new memes without text that I purchase from a stock photo house. These are primarily from DepositPhotos.com. They usually have sales; i.e. 100 photos for $100 for a year. If they don’t show it on the website, chat with a sales person and it might be available.

This is used for a current Valentine’s Day Contest.
This is a favorite of mine. I post on the social media sites with a catchy phrase in the comment section. “At another time, another place, if he might find her again, Raven would demonstrate all the other things his lips and manly parts could do.” From Once Upon a duke.
Here’s another photo of my Regency Lady, where I use various phrases. Is she going to meet someone? Has she heard a noise and is frightened? Did the draft blow her candles out?  There’s no end to how you can utilize a photo.

It goes without saying--do not simply copy pictures from the internet. There are copyright laws and you don’t want to tangle with these legal issues. Pay for what you use and you’ll feel safe.
I’ve used this saying of mine in a few books, just to show there are countless ways to make your words count.
Above all, you want your memes to be fresh and new without breaking your bank. There a few other stock houses you can use: Dreamstine, Pixabay…just to name a few.

So here’s my last one. 

 Sincerely hope you’ve found this blog of interest. I’ve had fun working on my memes. I do use a graphic artist when I have special text.  I improvise when I can place the text under the photo. 

Have a question? E mail at: sandramastersauthor@gmail.com
Purchase a novel?  http://amzn.to/2DFNOwZ   Amazon
http://bit.ly/2DHnPFx The Wild Rose Pres
Author website: www.authorsandramasters.com

5 comments:

Cat Dubie said...

Thanks for these very helpful posts, Sandra. You have some lovely images there. I so appreciate your sharing this!

Linda Tillis said...

These blogs, and of course your memes, are absolutely inspirational! Can you tell us what program you use to create them, and do you work on a PC or Mac. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I am off now to check out some of the photo sites you suggested!

Hywela Lyn said...

Thanks so much for sharing your knowledge, Sandra. I love playing about with graphics (I can't afford to pay anyone to do it so I've had to try to do it myself.) I use 'Dreamstime' for most of my pictures, as I find them quite reasonable. Hopefully I can improve after reading these posts!

JENNIFER WILCK said...

This series of blogs has been fantastic. Thank you so much for your advice. You've definitely inspired me!

Beth Trissel said...

Thanks Sandra. Very interesting.