Saturday, May 16, 2020

Welcome Virginia Barlow to our Garden Interviews

Hello Virginia


Do you ever plot or let the story unfold as you write?

   I plot. It’s easier to keep my focus.

Are your characters based on real people?

    Yes. I have used two real people as models in my books.

Do you have trouble saying goodbye to characters?

    Yes. I did not want to let Shanna go In A Fallacious Seduction.

Do you research your action/fight scenes?

    Yes. My next manuscript has a fight scene involving a very pregnant heroine. I had to find a way for her to take down her opponent.

What was the hardest chapter/book you’ve written?

     The hardest chapter I have written was the scene following the ball in The Wicked Sister. I knew the heart ache Anastasia was going to feel when she opened the library door and found Val kissing Rella.

How do you deal with writer’s block?

      I go do something else. I work outside, go to a movie, or play with my grandkids. In the back of my mind, the story is still running. So, it usually takes a day or so and I get a brilliant idea and I am back on track.



For some fun questions...


Who do you see as a hero/heroine in your life?

     My grandpa. He was a gentleman. He was always kind and never got angry. He took care of Grandma all his life. When he died, Grandma needed a lot of help. She did not know how to drive or how to write a check because Grandpa drove her everywhere and paid all the bills. She never stressed about anything, He did it for her.

What makes you cry?

    I am a sucker for sappy love stories. They make me cry every time.

If you came with a warning label what would it say?

    Do not hurt or betray her. She loves easily, gives freely, and likes everybody until they prove they are her enemy. If that happens, stay out of her way. Beware of her temper. You will never be allowed near her or her family again.

Do you have any hobbies?

    I love roses. I knit and crochet. I do flower arrangements. I also, enjoy wallpapering. Although that isn’t a thing anymore. I faux paint on occasion and I bake when I get bored.

 If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would be the most essential for you?

    First- a bottomless wine barrel, preferably a moscato d’asti. Second-a gun and bullets for food and protection. Third- Mary Poppin’s bag so I could reach in and find whatever I needed at the time. You know, pillows, a blanket, matches, a tent, flares, a computer with internet, etc.

Who is more fun, bad boys or perfect gentlemen?

   Wow, tough question. Bad boys are defiantly more fun, but in the end, they are still bad boys. If they’re bad with you, they’ll be bad with someone else, too.  Perfect gentlemen, on the other hand, can be fun as well. It all depends on your ability to bring out the bad boy within. I think a perfect gentleman can be a bad boy with you, but still be a gentleman. My answer would have to be, a perfect gentleman who is a bad boy at heart.
If you could have three wishes granted, what would you wish for?

Easy. Security, wealth, and freedom.



Where can we find out more?





Download The Wicked Sister on Amazon and other online retailers.








1 comment:

Sydney Winward said...

It was great to learn more about you! The Wicked Sister sounds intriguing from the heartbreak scene alone.