Friday, March 28, 2008

Read and Help a Cause

My idea of exercise is thirty minutes on a recumbent bike with iTunes music in my ears and a book in my hands. My daughter is involved with Team in Training, a fundraising effort for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I applaud her efforts, especially since she participates in half-ironman triathlons. I was impressed last year when she completed the race, but what amazes me is that she’s going to do it AGAIN, and as a trainer as well.

In support, I (of course) donate to the cause. This year, in addition to my normal donation, I’m going to kick in additional funds for every one of my books and short stories sold between now and May 1st, and I’m inviting you to help. If you email me copies of your order confirmations from any source—the publisher, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Fictionwise – doesn’t matter. I’ll add $1.00 for every novel and fifty cents for every short story sold during this timeframe. This is your chance to enjoy a good read and help a good cause. Whether you choose one of my two new Wild Rose Press releases, Hurricane Breeze and Second Chance Rose, or go all the way back to Words, the first contracted WRP short story, you'll know you're doing more than enjoying a good read.

Note: This is a personal donation and in no way represents an endorsement from my publishers.

Details here

Terry Odell
www.terryodell.com
http://terryodell.blogspot.com/

No comments: