Thursday, March 05, 2009

"For those looking for true romance..."

Well, I got quite the shocker-oo this morning. One of my writer friends emailed me a brand, spanking new review for my book Love, Lilies & the Unbroken Straw, Hoofbeats & Heartstrings Book Two. You Gotta Read Reviews gave it a very nice review! I am stunned because the book hasn’t even been released yet! It comes out next Wednesday, but I guess it’s not too early to spread the news. Sit back, pop some champagne with me and Hear what You Gotta Read Reviews had to say:

“Christabel Wilde's life has just turned upside down. With little more than the clothes on her back and her newly rescued Chihuahua tucked under her arm, she makes a pledge to start over and applies for a job as a groom at a horse rescue farm. Nevermind that she's never been up close to a horse before, she has a bigger secret to hide. A mysterious gift her new neighbor, Dr. Declan Armstrong, is determined to uncover. When the irresistible veterinarian volunteers to give her riding lessons, Christabel knows it could be the end of her secret. With the Easter holiday approaching, she tries to remember that sometimes what looks like the end is really a new beginning.

In one word: sweet! This chaste romance was a breath of fresh air, with characters more interested in getting to know each other than jumping into bed. Their romance is a shy and innocent affair based around daily encounters rather then carefully arranged dates.

Another thing I like about this story is that the characters have passions having nothing to do with each other. Christabel often takes time to talk about flowers and their meaning, and Declan is quick to teach her – and vicariously the readers – all he knows about horses.

Overall, I’d recommend this story for those looking for something closer to a true romance. And, in fact, I already have.”

Love, Lilies & the Unbroken Straw releases electronically on Wednesday, March 11!

Blessings, Teri

Teri Wilson ~ Romancing the pet lover’s soul

www.teriwilson.net

2 comments:

Mary Ricksen said...

My kind of book for sure. Good luck, you are well on your way already!

Lauri said...

Nice review! Congrats, and I wish you many sales!