Saturday, March 21, 2009

There's a Monster Under My Bed


There are things hiding in the dark, creatures in my closet, a monster under my bed, a boogey man outside my door. The love of suspense begins at an early age. As a child I loved to hear ghost stories. I would shiver and shake and crawl into bed too frightened to close my eyes. Once I awoke screaming because a blue ghost was after me.

I'm still frightened of the dark. I don't like to go outside my house once the sun has set. And at night I still wake up and hear something creeping around in the dark--most times it's one of my cats or my hubby heading off to get a drink of water. As a writer, all my stories, no matter how sweet and simple I plan them to be, turn out to be suspenseful. Thus, I continue to write about the monsters under my bed.

During the upcoming week, I'm going to be sharing my insight into how to write a page-turning suspense by relating it to falling in love and sharing that very first kiss. So, please join me from March 23 through March 27 at my Inside the Writer's Mind Blog to learn more.

JOSHUA'S HOPE, my latest romantic suspense novel has been receiving five star reviews and was a 2009 Eppie Finalist. If you haven't yet read my Eppie Finalist, JOSHUA'S HOPE, hop over to White Rose Publishing where you'll find it on sale during this White Rose month. FOXFIRE, my second novel, also an Eppie Finalist, received five star reviews. It was my favorite book to write because I truly fell in love with the characters. There just might be a sequel coming up soon.

Hope you'll join me for the free workshop on my blog next week. Happy reading.

No comments: