Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Muddy Waters earns high praise from Siren's Song Reviews

Great news arrived today. MUDDY WATERS, my latest romantic suspense, earned a smashing 5 Star review from Siren's Song Reviews. I'm over the moon about the review. Here it is:


Is someone watching her?


Roxie Whitaker is struggling to make her grandmother’s real estate business a success. When her coastal home is burglarized, her rosy worldview dims. Atlanta security expert Sloan Harding distracts her from her troubles, but is Mossy Bog’s former bad boy serious about her?

Never one to shy away from muddy waters, Sloan is determined to find his alleged missing inheritance. Sparks fly as he enters into a business arrangement with Roxie to oversee the restoration of his childhood home. With her help, Sloan resurrects old secrets while a dangerous predator stalks them.

My Notes: After reading the blurb I was interested to see about this lost treasure Sloan Harding was looking for. Is Sloan still the “bad boy” of the town? I had to find out.

Summary: Roxie is a real-estate broker in a small town in Georgia. The bad boy Sloan comes back to town to find his lost inheritance. A mysterious man from SC wants to buy Sloan’s home. Weird things start to happen once Sloan is back in town, things that might hurt Roxie in the long run. Who can she trust?


Review: I enjoyed this read for several reasons. The romance and the suspense worked well together. I was anxious to know about this lost treasure Sloan has always heard about, but never thought it really existed. I liked the banter between Roxie and Sloan—she kept him in his place.

At first they have a roller coaster relationship. They each find it hard to trust the other and misjudge a few things along the way. Sloan’s dog, Max, was cute as well. I loved the small town feel in Georgia. My mom is from a very small town in Georgia and I could relate to the charm and gossip.
I like the writing style of this author. I will be looking for more books by her. I enjoyed the story and really didn’t want it to end. This is another book I can add to my tiny “read again” stack.

See the review: http://sirenssongreviews.blogspot.com/2011/09/muddy-waters-by-maggietoussaint.html?zx=9b68397a988172c9

Don't miss this book or my other fab titles from The Wild Rose Press, House of Lies (now bargain priced) and No Second Chance! See my author page at TWRP: http://tinyurl.com/64ys5wv
 
Maggie Toussaint


Mix a bad boy in with small town gossip and a lost inheritance and you’ve got MUDDY WATERS

http://www.maggietoussaint.com/ and http://mudpiesandmagnolias.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Erin said...

Congrats!

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Maggie!