Monday, December 21, 2015

Feliz año Nuevo from Peru

Christmas in the southern hemisphere is not one for singing “White Christmas.” Jill, in Peril, Passion, Peru, imagines Santa in an old-fashioned two-piece red and white striped bathing suit, the top pulling up as he slides down the chimney, exposing his belly button that glows like Rudolph’s nose. I was home with family on Christmas day but flew to Peru on the 26th (my birthday) and was there for New Year’s Eve and lots of confetti drifting down at midnight to sprinkle Lima’s streets. I was up early the next morning. Not many people were on the streets, but there were lots of policemen, and I greeted all I passed with “Feliz año Nuevo.” Everyone smiled back and repeated the greeting, so I’ll pass it along here to friends and fans. Feliz año Nuevo and Happy New Year!

Eve Dew Crook
Taking the Tumble
Peril, Passion, Peru

No comments: