Saturday, December 26, 2015

That Magical Space Where I Write

I think one of our tools, as a writer, should be a special work space.  Do you have an extra room? Even, if its all you have, a large closet will serve.  Somewhere you can call you own, a space that will, I promise you, become a creative oasis. Where no one enters except  by invitation.
And it can change from day to day. I have interviewed many authors and they write on the beach, a coffee shop, on the train, in a lonely cabin in the mountains.

I've always had the luxury of a spare room to call my studio.  On my walls I am surrounded by my own water color work, framed letters from my publisher, photos of theatre productions. In one corner is my desk and a comfortable chair.  My desktop computer has the place of honor as I do all my writing there.  I simply can't write long hand as I cannot write fast enough when the spirit is on me!  I type seventy five words a minute and sometimes that's too slow….
I tend to write in my head, until it threatens to explode, then move to my keyboard
More from my twice weekly blog>> http://www.writeratplay.com/2015/11/28/that-special-room-to-write-in/#more-545
 
Trisha Sugarek, AuthorPlaywright, Poet, & Blogger
Visit:  www.writeratplay.com
'The Taste of Murder', Book 5: The World of Murder 
NOW AVAILABLE!!  The Creative Writer's Journal
 
 




 
 
 

2 comments:

Liz Flaherty said...

I love your artwork. I have a dedicated space, too--it's where I write AND sew, so it's a particularly happy place.

Sandra Dailey said...

I love how bright your space is. I have an enclosed back porch with windows all around. I just painted it orange.