Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Book Signing and I Heart Libraries



L-R, Anna Kathryn Lanier, Bess McBride, Betty Hanawa and Linda Mooney at Boomerang Books, League City, Texas

I'm bursting to tell someone the good news! The local public library where I'm spending the winter on the Gulf Coast of Alabama requested 5 copies each of LOVE OF MY HEART and A SIGH OF LOVE to give to their book club as a Christmas present! (I'd say the name of the library, but I'd better wait until they give their gifts out at the beginning of December.) Isn't that the greatest news? Well, it is for me, anyway. They were going to order them from Baker and Taylor, who don't carry any in stock but have to order them from the printer, so they contacted me, and I just happened to have some available, don't you know! :-)

In addition, I'll be meeting with their book club in February and doing a book signing at that time. Wish me luck!

I just returned from my very first book signing at Boomerang Books in League City, Texas, an 8 hour drive one way. I know, I know. Craziness, eh? But I had a great time...especially chatting and visiting with my fellow authors, Betty Hanawa, Linda Mooney and Anna Kathryn Lanier. And a few other authors from my publisher showed up to cheer us on. I loved it! I'm hooked on book signings, I tell you! Hooked!

Literary hugs and kisses to all!

Bess McBride
www.bessmcbride.com

No comments: