Sunday, January 21, 2007

I Ate My Contest Prize:)

Yes, you read that right - I ate my contest prize. If you go to my website www.julesbennett.com you'll see where I put up a nice box of chocolates for this month's contest. I went out the other day with my hubby (first mistake). We picked out a really nice box of chocolates and brought them home.

The contest doesn't end until February 8th, but I went ahead and bought the box anyway (my second mistake).

The other day hubby and I were dying for something sweet. We searched every cabinet, the fridge, the freezer...nothing. Oh, but wait, look over there on the island in the kitchen...A BEAUTIFUL BOX OF WHITMAN'S CHOCOLATES!!

I swear the Hallelujah chorus erputed from the angels as a light stream came down from the heavens. We didn't say a word as we tore into the box and devoured nearly half.

Ahhhh...it was so good:) I think I'll wait until I pick a winner on the 8th, then buy a box of chocolates on my way to the post office to mail it:)

1 comment:

Maggie Toussaint said...

HaHa! I loved this post, Jules. Chocolate has this siren call, just barely inaudible. It goes like this: ooooh, I'm over here. You want me. You know you do. You love me. You can't live without me.

Chocolate is the true romance in my life... ps don't tell my husband!

Maggie