Friday, January 12, 2007

I've never blogged before....

Truly. I've put it off for as long as I could but now that I'm here, I think it's going to require a LOT of chocolate...maybe I should just close my eyes and type.

I'm going to start with a special thank you to The Wild Rose Press for the contract offer. I'm very excited about working with Katherine and TWRP. I love the user-friendly website, packed with information for readers & writers. But what is truly wonderful...they care about their authors and their books.

I'm new to TWRP, but have been writing for over ten years. I've had the pleasure of creating characters that I love, even though not all of them will be published, and have had two of my western historical romances published. I also published two short stories and three short stories in e-zine format.

Over the years, I've learned that trying to find the right home for your work can be a daunting task. Frustration and doubt can damage your writer's heart. But if your heart is in your story, then have faith, the right editor and right publisher is out there waiting for you to find them.

NEVER GIVE UP! Besides, if you try, the voices will only make you appear quite insane to those that do not have the gift of imagination and ability to hear their characters arguing (ahem...talking) in their heads.

Well, I've said too much already.
Keep writing!
C.H. Admirand

No comments: