Tuesday, April 08, 2008

A Day in the Life of This Writer

I admire you folks who work so diligently from a schedule. I keep thinking I'll develop one, but as yet, even after seven years of retirement, haven't. Every morning I sit down at the computer, check my emails, my loops, my stat counter, etc. Some days I go from there to writing and get a lot done. Other days, life interferes and I'm running here and there buying groceries, keeping doctor appointments, meeting friends for lunch, and working in the yard. And, I read a lot. Life hasn't always been this way. I taught in public school for thirty years and not being an early riser, my writing was done at night.



Our children are grown, so I don't have to stop work and cook. My husband is easy to please and will eat a sandwich or something from our neighborhood fast food places. I know, I'm very fortunate.



Nothing motivates me more than a note from my editor. I know most people don't like edits, but I enjoy them. Plus, I see them as one step closer to a pub date. My Minature Cactus Rose A Law Of Her Own is my first work with The Wild Rose Press. I don't have a pub date yet, but to read an excerpt, go to my website at http://www.lindalaroque.com/ I've dedicated it to my mother. Her name was Rose and she would have loved this story. I can almost hear her chuckling now.



Linda

6 comments:

Nancy in NH said...

A Schedule - Ah Discipline! or maybe self-discipline... how I wish I had some. :) Really identified with your post! thanks for your thoughts, Nancy
www.amomentincrime.com

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for your comment. Yeah, I am sadly lacking in self-discipline myself, especially since retirement. Linda

Historical Writer/Editor said...

Hi Linda, you are a good writer! I love your writing style. Congratulations on your upcoming release.
You have a very nice cover here.
And I know what you mean about your mother. I dedicated Isanne's Revelation to mine.
Well, I wish you the best.-Laura

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.

Linda LaRoque said...

Thanks, Laura. I appreciate your comments. Linda

Linda LaRoque said...

Hi dvd e cd,
Glad you liked the post. I will check out your blog.
Best,
Linda