Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Daughter's Promise -- In Paperback!



If you enjoy a sweeping love story that grips your heart and leaves you breathless, I think you'll love the journey of Serene and Miles in "A Daughter's Promise".

Below is a blurb and excerpt, and here you can find the Trailer. For more info, please come by and visit my website at www.christineclemetson.com. I hope you enjoy the story!!! :))))

Thank you!
Christine


Blurb

Serene Moneto made a promise to her dying mother—-a promise so haunting that it directs the course of her life. But when Serene finds forbidden love with a soldier harbored in her villa, her world is torn apart. Among the backdrop of a war raging right outside her door, can she choose happiness? Despite the promise she made those years ago?

She has everything to lose. Nothing to gain.

Except a broken promise.


Excerpt:

Serene’s heart pounded as she peered around the silent restaurant, alive hours earlier but now masked with an eerie paleness. This room and her life would never again be the same. She whisked off the wetness around her eyes, sucked in a daunted breath, and remembered her purpose.

“Are you all right?” She hoped her English was still understandable.

No response from the American.

Leaning a little closer, she gently placed her hand beneath his, finding it warm and moist with life. “Can you hear me?”

Still nothing.

“If you can hear me, squeeze my hand.”

Serene checked behind her. She unbuttoned his coat, soaked in warm blood, and slid her hand inside, relieved to feel at least a slight rise and fall to his chest.

“I want to help you, but not now. I have to go, but I’ll be back. Can you hear me? I’ll be back.”

“Halten Sie!” Boots clicked toward her on the stone floor.

As she let go of the American’s hand, the slightest pressure passed her fingertips.

He had heard her.

No comments: