Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Back Where You Belong - New Western Contemporary Romance


Honky Tonk Hearts

While shooting pool at the Lonesome Steer Honky Tonk, rancher Tyler Desmond takes an errant dart in the neck. Ready to retaliate, he's instead captivated by the blonde who threw it. Tyler isn't interested in opening his heart, so why does he kiss the verbal buzz saw? Just to shut her up?

As a teenager, Lacy LaRoche had a secret crush on Tyler. When the dart brings them face-to-face, all she can do is chatter--until he kisses her. But Lacy didn't come back to Texas to fall in love. She's hiding another secret: her roommate surreptitiously videotaped Lacy undressing and posted it on the internet.

When Tyler's daughter is bullied at school, Lacy must reveal the truth and face the emotional damage of cyberbullying. Over-protective of his daughter--and his heart--Tyler must learn to trust again. Can two scarred hearts find their way back to where they belong?

Rating: Spicy
Page Count: 161
Word Count: 40584
978-1-61217-815-8 Digital

Excerpt:

“I don’t know why I’m like this around you. I don’t like it one bit.”

“I’m not overly fond of it either.” He took the tube from her hand and removed the cap. “When my ex-wife left me, I swore I was through with women. Nothing but pain comes from them.” He rubbed ointment over his burn as he talked. “Pain and a quick grope under the table.” He smirked when he handed her back the Neosporin.

“Now, that was a mistake, just like all the other things that’s happened.”

His eyes twinkled and he chuckled. “You’re like a walking blonde catastrophe. I figure you owe me.”

“What? What do I owe you?”

He took her chin between his thumb and fingers and drew her face closer. “A kiss. One that will right my world again, ’cause it’s been out of kilter since the first one at the Lonesome Steer. I’m beginning to think that dart had some kind of poison on it to put me under your spell.”

“That’s nonsense.”

His gentle kisses over her eyes and cheeks erased her tears.

“No more crying, only smiles. You’ve got a smile that warms my heart.”

“I do?” No one had ever told her that before.

Large hands settled at her waist, and little by little he inclined his head to hers, his voice barely a whisper. “Oh, yeah.” Then his lips made contact and nuked every cell of her being.


Oh. My. God.

No comments: