Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Fairy Dust - New Paranormal Romance

Published: 07/03/2013
by: Carol Shenold
$1.99

Half fae/half witch, Ande Ryan’s deepest desires are simple: a stress-free, fun evening with a nice guy, to earn the respect of her peers in the Paranormal Investigation Unit, and at long last, learn to use her Goddess given fae magic.

Instead, she fights a demon, gets mugged by a pixie, meets her soul mate and oh yeah, has to try and defeat a wizard with the help of a six-foot elf and a wolf—Cal Masterson.

Cal had no idea that his first encounter with Ande Ryan would include a fight with a demon or an intense attraction to the red-haired fairy who displays as much courage and determination as any wolf in his pack. Will Cal overcome his need to protect her as they both fight the odds and allow her fulfill her destiny?

Rating: Sensual
Page Count: 56
Word Count: 15010
978-1-61217-848-6

Excerpt:

  The thing barreled out of the trees, leaping from shadow to shadow. Coming straight at me.

Its rotten-meat smell drove me back. It didn’t hesitate before it threw itself at the circle shield. Sparks flew off. Crackled in the air. The shield weakened. It kept coming, like the crazy it was, slamming itself into the arc, weakening it more and more until one of the impacts slammed me back, into my own energy and through it.

Okay, out of protection here. I flipped over to land on my knees and came up in a crouch.

The ghoul looked around as if it couldn’t figure out where I went. When it saw me, it let out a snarl and flew toward me. I sent a stream of earth fire at his sorry ass, but missed because I levitated at the precise moment I let the stream of fire loose. Ahhhhh. It always happens at the wrong time.

Now the thing was truly confused. I sent another tiny but forceful fire stream toward him. This time I didn’t miss, and he burst into flame. Well, at least his arm did.

Distracted, he screamed with frustration, flailed around a bit, and ran back into the trees.

I needed to get down before it came back so I could get rid of it. Damn it. What if some kid comes 
along?


Not one child but several, in a group with a leader, came skipping toward the bridge. Damn, I shouldn’t have had that thought out loud.

No comments: