Monday, July 15, 2013

I had a crush on my brother-in-law by Lynn Kellan

Is there a type of man who makes your nerves tingle? My “type” is tall, burly, and quiet. Lucky for me, I fell in love with one shortly after I finished college…and he loved me, too. It was a bit of a shock to be introduced to his older brother, who was brawnier and quieter than my soon-to-be-husband. I loved being around the two of them, because they lowered their guard whenever the other one was around. I loved hearing what strong, silent types had to say. As I got to know my brother-in-law, my respect for him deepened. He’d endured a series of painful cysts growing up and lost most of his hearing. Heavily dependent on a hearing aid to catch what other people said, he never complained about his hardships. He was a loving, gentle man with a terrific sense of humor. Unfortunately, we lost him to cancer five years ago. When I wrote ANYTHING YOU ASK, I loosely based the hero on him. In a small way, he’s still alive in the pages. A tribute to a remarkable, quiet man. Who inspires you?

Lynn Kellan
http://LynnKellan.com
http://bit.ly/14IkE9K
ANYTHING YOU ASK is available now for all ebooks.




No comments: