Monday, July 29, 2013

The richest heiress and the most eligible bachelor - A perfect match?


Lady Francesca Darling has been in love with Devlin Ross, the Duke of Hereford, since she was five years old. When they meet again at her debutante ball she finds her feelings remain the same, and to her joy he is mesmerized by her.  To the gossipy matrons of the ton it's the perfect match--the richest heiress and the most eligible bachelor.

But can their budding love survive her interfering family and the deep scars from his father's abuse? Enchanted as he is with the delightful woman Fanny has become, Devlin intends never to repeat that abuse, vowing not to live with his wife and children.

Fanny is a determined young lady -- she wants Devlin and a true marriage. Is her love strong enough to tear down all his walls?

Rating: Spicy
Page Count: 366
Word Count: 90417
978-1-61217-824-0 Paperback
978-1-61217-825-7 Digital

Excerpt:

“I’m not fond of balls. I find them rather boring. But I have been abroad for a couple of years and thought it would be a perfect way to announce I’ve returned for good. But most importantly I hoped I would meet up with some old acquaintances.”

“I will give you some advice,” Fanny said, giving him her most innocent smile. “It is really hard to meet good friends when one is hiding in the shadows of the balcony.”

His laughter filled the air, and she could see heads turning their way. Some people were slowly moving closer to them, and she guessed they wouldn’t be alone more than a short while longer.

There were just too many eager mamas out there, ready to throw their daughters at his feet, and they wouldn’t let something like a quiet chat between two acquaintances stop them.

“Well, I wouldn’t really call it hiding. It’s more like trying to remember why I thought it was such a good idea to be here in the first place.”

“So what do you think now, when you have actually entered the ballroom, although from the wrong entrance. Was it such a bad idea?”

He leaned closer to her, and the warmth of his arm pressed against hers.

“Now I think it was the best idea I ever had.”

No comments: