Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Our Rose Garden Family Tree


by Maggie Toussaint

Something Terry Odell said on the loop has stuck with me. She said we ought to get together a list of our TWRP family tree. I thought this was a really great idea!

Here's what Terry posted: "I was looking at the author list, and see (at least) the following authors who I've sent to the garden: Diane Burke, Dara Edmondson, Kelsy George, Maggie Toussaint, and Catherine Kean (brand new, just offered a contract)"

I followed Terry's lead and was successful in getting picked up here. I told others. My friends Marilyn Trent and JL Wilson are under contract, and two more friends have since subbed here.
I thought that it might be fun if our roses posted how they learned of TWRP. Add your "tree branch" to the comments of this post!
Maggie Toussaint, here by way of Terry Odell
House of Lies, on sale now at Fictionwise

7 comments:

Sonja Foust said...

I'm actually here via Beth Caudill. :-) Hopefully some of my cronies will be joining soon too.

Marianne Arkins said...

My writing buddy, Allie Boniface, is here because of me (aren't you, A?). I have a couple other friends who are working on queries and submissions, too!

Maggie Toussaint said...

see? We are all connected, one big family. That's why we're such sisters at heart.

Keep 'em coming ladies!

Maggie

Allie Boniface said...

Yep, I'm here because of Marianne. Thanks!

Terry Odell said...

Great followup, Maggie. My husband's major professor at UCLA was given a gift by his students of an illustrated family tree with all his grad students, their grad students, and on ... I think for at least 3, maybe 4 generations. Someone with more artistic talent than I should draw a family rose bush!

Terry

Anonymous said...

I've added Pam Champagne and Robyn Wren...

Maggie Toussaint said...

Thanks to everyone for revealing their "lineage"

Maggie