Monday, May 07, 2007

Two TWRP Authors Toast Their First Sales


by Maggie Toussaint


Hi everyone! I've been on the conference trail for a few weeks and I'm just now getting caught up on the internet. My book, House of Lies, was well received at Sleuthfest in Miami and also at the Washington Romance Writers Retreat at Harpers Ferry, WV. While I was on the road, I had a great booksigning at the Frederick, MD, Borders on May 1. The turnout was better than expected and get this - they sold out of my books! What a thrill to be so sought after.


Best of all, I had the chance to toast my first sale with another fabulous TWRP author, M.K. Trent, at the Harpers Ferry meeting. In the photo above, M.K. is on the left, I'm on the right. Our champagne is courtesy of Nora Roberts. This photo was taken after we received our first sale pens at our RWA chapter's yearly conference. M.K. was my first critique partner and we've stood by each other for many years of navigating this publishing maze.
I also got word that a book review for House of Lies is now posted at MyShelf. That was excellent news as the reviewer loved the story of Hannah and Jake search for the truth.
Now that the fun is over, I have to figure out how to shrink my head back down to life size and get back to work on my next Crimson Rose. (It's coming soon, Laura, I promise!)
Here's to all the great authors at TWRP, and to RJ and Rhonda for making all of our dreams come true.
Maggie Toussaint
House of Lies

3 comments:

Allie Boniface said...

How wonderful! Congratulations to you both!!

Marianne Arkins said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Congratulations and good luck on your continued success!

Maggie Toussaint said...

Thanks Allie and Marianne,
I feel so blessed to have found TWRP. Making that first sale and living my dream are treasures beyond all worth.
Maggie