Sunday, July 29, 2007

Where Do Your Ideas Come From?

I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Tina LaVon and I’m a new author with Wild Rose. My, suspense, Liquid Hypnosis, is coming soon to the Crimson branch of the garden.
The question I’m asked most often is, “Where do you get your ideas?” The seeds for my stories come from the packet called What if? I sprinkle them with an overactive imagination and observations of human behavior. A news report, event in my life, or a scene from a movie can grow into a bud of an idea. You twist and sow those ideas until you have a scene, then a chapter, then a novel.
For example, I heard an undercover agent was working the nightclub scene in Scottsdale, AZ. He was probably after men slipping date rape drugs into women’s drinks. Date rape drugs mess with your mind. Then it him me; What if a chemist making an antidote for date rape drugs accidentally invents a chemical that controls your mind? What if his supervisor steals the drug to commit murder? That was the seed and series of thoughts that grew into Liquid Hypnosis.
Keep a watchful eye out for exciting news!! I'll soon be announcing the release date of Liquid Hypnosis, along with the launch of my website at www.SuspenseByTina.com

No comments: