Thursday, December 20, 2018

Four-Legged Love


This has been a great year, with Fool Me Once, Book 1 in The Riverwood Series, released in August. Seeing it offered for sale on Amazon was a special and memorable day. Book 2, A Bitter Wind Blows, is a stand-alone sequel. It's under contract and in the process of edits.

Riverwood is a planned equestrian community, co-developed by Horse Country Real Estate agents, Ronnie Chandler, Ricky Ahlers and Andee Barton. It's underwritten by The Westlake Group, venture capitalists from Virginia. Yes, it's a Romance so a relationship soon develops between Ronnie and Luc Deschaines.

But the Riverwood series was never intended to be just a love story. It's set in the fictional town of Emery Pond, in Tennessee, and the characters ride in the very real Big South Fork National Park, acclaimed as "the trail-riding capital of the southeast" (for good reason). These are horse books for readers who love to read about horses!

Reviewers have said "the author's love of horses shines through in every chapter of every book" and "the author obviously knows her way around a barn." The stories are filled with the miracles and minutiae of horse ownership because the main characters all have horses…and the horses all have personalities. (Horse people most often have other animals and readers will enjoy meeting the characters' quirky cats and dogs as well).

The company of my animals sustains me all year but never more so than at Christmas time when I especially appreciate the gift of their unconditional four-legged love.


Happy Holidays
Linnhe McCarron
https://linnhemccarron.wordpress.com/

7 comments:

dlucas said...

I wish people could love as unconditionally as our animals. Merry Christmas!

Tena Stetler said...

The unconditional love of our companion animals is a gift that keeps on giving. People could learn a lot from then. Merry Christmas.

Mary Morgan said...

Animals have always given me great joy, and I love putting them in my stories. They add a special spark to a scene or plot. I'm happy to hear you do the same, Linnhe. Happy Holidays!

Nancy Fraser said...

Our fur babies enjoy the holiday too! Best wishes for a great holiday season.

Cj Fosdick said...

I'm reading most of the blogs two days after Christmas this year. We lost our precious furbaby just 2 weeks ago today and I've been grieving ever since. She was only 11 and had her last 9 teeth extracted in what should have been routine, but she died in my arms the day after--with heavy blood loss. We have adopted children, horses, dogs, cats--for over 50 yrs. Many of them were rescues that became part of the family and it was hard to see any of them pass away or have to be euthanized, but this loss before Christmas was the hardest of all. I always feature at least one animal in my books who resembles the furry characters that brought so much love and laughter into our lives! They aren't our whole world, but they always make us feel whole!

Hywela Lyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hywela Lyn said...

I must have missed this when it was posted, but as an animal lover (especially horses and dogs) I can absolutely relate to the love of our four legged furbabies, big and small.
I too always manage to get an animal of some sort in all my books - usually but not always horses!