Monday, December 03, 2018

Holiday Stories are Fun to Write by Barbara Edwards


‘Journey of the Magi’ was my first attempt  at a Holiday story and I found a really enjoyable
area of writing. My usual genre is paranormal romance and has a dark edge. After awhile it can be heavy. The lighter love story with cute children and a nice hero gave me a lift I hadn’t know I needed. It was fun to plot the fulfillment of a dream. 

Journey of the Magi by Barbara Edwards 
Blurb: Widow Noel Martin never breaks promises, and she promised her kids they'd have Christmas at her childhood home in Connecticut. But driving across country takes money. Noel is broke when a snowstorm blows them into a tiny Minnesota cafe owned by a man who can change her mind. She accepts his offer of a job. Despite her attraction to him, she makes it clear she is only temporary help.
Dan Longstreet isn't adopting any more strays, but he needs a waitress. Dan works so hard to make his cafe a success, he doesn't have time for love. Though Noel's slender blonde beauty stuns him and her two adorable children tug at his heart, he denies how they threaten to change his life.
When tragedy strikes, their new-found love is the first victim. Noel can't stay and Dan can't leave. Will their journey be the gift that reunites them?


So in this time of the year I noticed many of my fellow authors put out a sweet story. 
My next short for The Wild Rose Press was ‘Late for the Wedding, part of a larger anthology. It was fascinating how a dozen authors took the same idea and wrote such variety. I loved every one of them.

The next was ‘Dixie’s Gift’ a story inspired by the loyalty and love of my beloved pet. This was another story to lift me from a dark place. My furry friend hd cancer and crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. I was so sad I took that emotion and wrote a story about how my pet would have reacted. It warmed a cold place in me and I hope if you read it, you’ll find the same joy at the end.

Dixie’s Gift by Barbara Edwards

Ellen Carter deeply grieves for her husband Dan, but at least she still has Dixie, her beloved Malinois. However, soon Dixie leaves her too. But the faithful dog cannot rest easy in heaven while her mistress is unhappy. Dixie pleads with the Archangel Michael to let her send help, and intercedes for Ellen in the only way she can. But will Ellen get the message, and more importantly, will she accept Dixie's gift?

Sexy newcomer Michael Burke can barely take enough time from his successful restaurant for a decent night's sleep, let alone romance. Still, he is intrigued by the beautiful widow and can't resist entering her shop. Sparks fly, and when Ellen has an accident in a snowstorm, he comes to her rescue. Trapped by a blizzard and aided by Dixie's Gift, Ellen and Michael find more than shelter--they find love.



Late for the Wedding: 
Blurb:Heather Green will do anything to make her twin’s wedding perfect. Despite an impending nor’easter, she sets out with the wedding dress, cake, favors and cake topper in her car. As the snow piles up, her car is wrecked and she barely misses injury in a major accident.
Nicholas Burnes would rather be ensconced with his latest cuddle than drive a tow truck, but his brother needs his help. He reluctantly agrees to help Heather find a way to the wedding locale, but when the storm closes the roads, he ends up offering her shelter in his penthouse.
Warm and rested at last, Nick and Heather explore their powerful attraction to each other, only to part when he delivers her, on time, to her sister’s wedding. But weddings breed weddings…
Late for the Wedding (Twelve Brides of Christmas Book 2) 
by Barbara Edwards 


Please follow, friend or like me. I love to hear from my readers.





Amazon Author’s Page http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B003F6ZK1A
GoodReads Barbara Edwards

10 comments:

DeeDee Lane said...

Congratulations Barbara. A new genre can really lighten up and light up your work. Looks like a fun read. Happy December

JENNIFER WILCK said...

Sounds like a great book--glad you enjoyed the new genre.

Colleen Driscoll said...

Barbara, I think writing a holiday themed book is so special and warms readers' hearts around the Christmas season. Congratulations!

Cat Dubie said...

Your holiday books sound great. Blizzards are a fine device for sparking romance. Best of luck!

Cat

Mary Morgan said...

Your holiday books sound fabulous, Barbara! After I finished my paranormal series, I felt compelled to write a beautiful love story, using one of the secondary character from the series. There were no deaths, battles, or wars. Only a wonderful holiday time-travel romance. I had so much fun! Happy Holiday!

Anonymous said...

I love writing holiday stories--love to catch a mood and get it down on paper in a brief tale. Your stories look wonderful!

M. S. Spencer said...

Writing is so much fun--cheering you up is a bonus!

CB Clark said...

Holiday stories are the best.

dlucas said...

I agree that holiday stories are fun to write. I am a high school English teacher and having kids write narrative poetry based on their Christmas tales. It's always a fun way to lead us into Christmas break. Your stories look intriguing! Happy holidays!

Tena Stetler said...

Holiday stories warm the heart and are so fun to write. Your books sound wonderful. Thanks for sharing!