Thursday, June 07, 2007

Here, but briefly


I know, I should have dipped in earlier to introduce myself, but life got in the way. You see, I adopted two new cats after my elderly companions passed away, and Awol Whodini and M.I.A. (aka, Mia) are keeping me and my hubby busy. Said hubby is, right now, trying once again to cat-proof the basement ceiling. Whodini has figured out how push up the ceiling tiles with his head and get inside the crawlspace. It's man vs. cat.
I'm betting on the cat.

Anyway, I'm J L Wilson and I write for Crimson Rose. My first book is coming out next week (yea!) I love my cover (thank you, Kim, wherever you are!) and am very, very happy with the edits I received from my excellent editor, Ally and how the entire book turned out. Brownies is about a woman who takes brownies to the company potluck and somebody turns up dead. Is it an accident? Or murder?

The heroine is a widow who is just starting to enter the dating game again after her husband died. She gets involved in the investigation and with the investigator who's looking into what happened. It's a fast-paced book and a fun read, if I do say so myself. I write about real people who get tossed into the middle of odd situations and how they have to get out of it.

I have to get going, I have an interview scheduled with the local newspaper and must primp a bit for it. I look a mess because I was, once again, poking my head up into the ceiling tiles trying to coax down the #*(@ cat. This is my third interview in two days, and I'm not accustomed to such excitement!

I'll post more later when life settles down (hmm. "When will that be?" she asked.)

Who knows?


J



2 comments:

Maggie Toussaint said...

Crimson Roses rock! So do you, JL. This sounds like a real fun ride. And yummy too.

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the interviews! Although, having been a feline parent (lol, I use the word "parent" in the loosest sense of the word--with my cats, it was more like "Slave to Those Who Must Be Obeyed"), I feel like I should wish you even more luck and success with the kitties.