Sunday, June 03, 2007

Inspiration

Sometimes I'm inspired by the weirdest things. Scenes play out in my mind when I see a person that interests me, or see people doing something that makes me wonder what their lives might be like. I believe most writers do the same thing. It's that creative piece of our brain that tells us we have to write a specific story.

Well, today, coming home from church, I saw this beautiful cardinal in our neighbor's yard. I've seen him, and you can't convince me it isn't the same bird, in our yard and in various places nearby over the past few weeks. I began to imagine looking closely at a bird's spread wing...at all the little bones and soft and vivid coloring, the incredible softness of the feathers and I feel inspired to write something. I'm not sure what it will be, but I'm being called.

Being a pantster is so much fun, because not only do I have the pleasure of doing something I love (write), but also to be surprised at what is going to come from placing fingers on keyboard.

Carol Ann

1 comment:

Allie Boniface said...

I do the "looking" thing all the time, whether it's a scene from nature or a person (more likely).

But then I'm not a pantser, because I'll sit and think about that moment of inspiration and have to turn it into a complete storyline before I can sit down and start writing about it!