Friday, June 08, 2007

Popping in to say hello

I'm out of town for two weeks, and we were wandering through Old Town in Albuquerque, New Mexico when we passed this shop, and I realized I'd kind of been out of touch with the WRP groups, other than the occasional drive-by posting. With loops all on digest, and limited email access, I've been concentrating on writing.

I saw the post about the best seller lists and was curious to see if any of my stories made the cut. I didn't expect much, since they're not new releases.

I was amazed (and very pleased) to see that two of my short stories, Romancing the Geek and Words are listed as Best Sellers in the Champagne Rose imprint. They've been around a while (Words was the very first outside contracted work to be published, so I got kind of used to seeing it on all the Top Ten lists, because there weren't even 10 stories out yet!). But to see it has 'staying power' warms my heart, and keeps me motivated to keep writing more. I know there's a burst of sales when a story is released, but Words has been out in the world for over a year now.

Terry Odell
www.terryodell.com
Short Stories from The Wild Rose Press

5 comments:

lainey bancroft said...

Over a year and still on the list! How perfectly awesome, Terry! Long may it last.

Definitely incentive to keep those stories flowing.

Marianne Arkins said...

What a great picture... and what a treat for you that your story is still so strong!

Enjoy what's left of your trip. New Mexico is a gorgeous place.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! And congratulations on such a wonderful accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely! Congratulations on remaining on the list and enjoy the vacation!

Terry Odell said...

Thanks to all -- I'm very proud of "Words" which was supposed to be a light, almost humorous piece, but soon turned into something completely different. Then it turned into an exercise in POV, and somehow, the characters were of equal weight in the same situation, and it became a double story. It is my first published work and will always be special to me.

Romancing the Geek was pure fun. I had a theme, a deadline, and help from a visiting daughter.

I've just finished revisions on my newest story, and hope to send it off to Roseann at Champagne Rose very soon. One more read-through, of course! And then there's my biggest problem. A title.