Monday, June 11, 2007

Work? I Don't Think So

I was asked today what my typical "work day" consisted of. I thought for a moment, then realized, this isn't work. How can I call living my dream "work"?

The word work makes me think of physical labor or doing something unpleasant like...**cough**cough** laundry. Creating characters from my imagination, giving them life, a little conflict and a lot of love is so enjoyable I feel guilty calling it work, like I'm a fraud.

I've wanted to be a writer since I first held a pencil. So, if this is called work, I hope to never retire!

What about you all. Do you love what you do for a living?

Jules Bennett

3 comments:

Marianne Arkins said...

I'm a SAHM, homeschooling mom who writes. Good grief, does it get any better than that?

Of course, I still have to do laundry and scrub the potty... so I guess there is room for upward movement.

:-)

Anonymous said...

I have two jobs other than writing, which I love. One pays the bills, and the other I truly love...teaching history.

Allie Boniface said...

I'm a HS English/Education teacher. And yes, I love it. No question. Couldn't imagine doing anything else.