Sunday, December 02, 2007

It's December already?

Time flies. I only wish I could say its because I've been having fun...

Okay, someone tell me--why does time speed up as you get older?

I've been up for a bit doing some studying already. I'm taking a break early this afternoon to head over to the BODIES...The Exhibition with some friends.

My brother and his wife saw it and they thought it was well worth the trip. If I like it as much as I expect to, I'm actually already thinking about going again with my parents. My dad is a retired Biology professor who taught a wide variety of courses, including Anatomy and Physiology, Cytotechnology, and others. My mother has a nursing background as well. When I was growing up, there was no shortage of interesting reading in our home. My Dad used to take me into the lab and let me play around with the microscopes and look at all kinds of cool stuff. No wonder I ended up with a career where two of the departments that use microscopes (Hematology and Blood Bank) are my favorite, lol. I'd never really thought of that before. :) My Dad was one of those sneaky educators. *gg*

Anyway, I'm hoping all the great reviews Bodies...The Exhibit have already garnered will bode well for my experience today. (Can you tell I'm looking forward to it?)

Before I dash out this morning, I thought I'd share an interesting survey I was tagged with. Some of the questions made me think. I've really enjoyed reading through the answers from my friends. The answers span from funny to tearful, and I was touched by many. In lieu of tagging all my friends, though, I'll simply post my answers here and you can take the survey yourself if you're interested.


How many keys are on your keychain? 4

If you were given a canvas and watercolors, what would you paint? The canvas

What do you consider the greatest threat to mankind? People

What are you thankful you are not doing right now? My Statistics final exam. It really scares me. I’ve never felt more stupid in my life than I have in that class. *sigh*

What is your favorite flower? Lilacs.

What are your favorite things about the beach? An early morning walk, the solitude, the rising/setting sun, the twilight.

What are your favorite things about the mountains? The silence, the crisp clean smell, taking a walk and enjoying the beauty of nature.


Have you ever loved someone so much it hurts? Yes.

What is your favorite fruit? Mango

What do you need to get right now at the drug store? My thyroid meds.

What song do you keep hearing over and over again? Give me a little more you, Little Big Town.

What was the happiest age of your life? 18, 21, 36. The age I was when my children were born.

What is your favorite piece of clothing that you own? my bathrobe.

What two words describe your lifestyle? Loving, naïve.

On a scale of 1-10; how religious are you? 8

What historical figure would you most like to have a discussion with? God. For real, not just in my prayers.

What color looks best on you? Earth tones.

What is your favorite thing about being sick? I get TLC—sometimes.

What commercial do you find most annoying? The cave men. I just don’t get it. *shrug*

If you had to spend the rest of your life in one place, where would it be? Anywhere with the man I love, as friends, partners, and lovers.

Fill in the blank; I am so much smarter than: I used to be

Where is the most beautiful place you have ever been? Pawley’s Island, SC.

What body part aches you the most right now? my back.

When is the angriest you have ever been? I choose to forget

On a scale of 1-10; how much do you trust people? I’m working hard to change it from 10 to, oh, say five. I’m sooo gullible. Grrrrr.

What aspect of your personality could use a little work? I'm sometimes too sensitive.

What movies make you smile? Because I Said So, Sweet Home Alabama, lots more.

What movies make you cry? A Beautiful Mind, The Bangor Sisters, lots more.

What time do you usually fall asleep? Around midnight.

What hobby have you always wanted to pick up? Race car driving. Got the bug from my old 69 camaro some twenty something years ago—300/350 4sp, and I could catch rubber in all four gears. Ooooh yeeahhh. *what?* *blinks innocently* ...Okay, these days, I just wish I was better at my oil painting.

Have a wonderful Sunday,
Lee

No comments: