Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Vintage Wedding

Hi everyone. It feels like I've hit and missed being here for the last little bit. But I have a good excuse. My only daughter got married in December and being a first time Mother of the Bride, I wasn't sure what to expect.

It turned out beautiful though. My daughter, Alannah, has always loved being unique so she took us all back in time with her for a vintage 1920s-1930s type of feel.


 And funny thing, even though you'd expect planning a wedding to be stressful, I found myself more hopeful for the future, more able to look at my own life and plans I have for both my career and family, even finances, from a much less stressful viewpoint. Maybe it's the beginning of a new family or the promise of new love as I see my child look at her new husband with stars and hope in her eyes.


   




Maybe that's why we come back to romance novels over and over again. To recapture that feeling of new love, renewed hope, renewed everything ...

 So here's to romance and beautiful brides in every decade. (And in every book)




In honor of weddings, here are a few books from my fellow Wild Rose Authors featuring...you guessed it... Brides. 
Outlaw Bride  Accidentally A Bride Always A Bridesmaid Bannon's Brides Borrowing the Bride  Cousin Of The Bride Elopement for One Chantilly Lace and a Pretty Face

No comments: