Saturday, April 12, 2014

LIE CATCHERS by Rolynn Anderson

LIE CATCHERS releases WORLDWIDE on April 4th!

The Wild Rose Press Website
Amazon
Nook

Let me tell you about the fun I had in writing LIE CATCHERS.

Here’s how the story emerged. It’s 2011 and we’re cruising from Washington State to Alaska on our trawler Intrepid. Never have we covered that distance, much less navigated such difficult stretches of water.

But when we arrived in Petersburg, Alaska, all the strangeness of a scary virgin voyage fell away. Petersburg is FULL of Norwegians, just like my husband and me. The little fishing town felt like home to us…relaxing me to the point I began to enjoy our cruise rather than stress over it.

What’s more Petersburg came with an unsolved crime from 1932 and a rich history of Norwegians, Tlingit, Haida, Chinese and other folk trying hard to make a living centered on fishing.

I had a novel churning in my brain by the time I left the dock. When we returned to Petersburg on our way south, I had a plot in my mind and research to do. From then on, writing a suspense novel set in Petersburg, AK, became my new passion. On a whim, I used family Norwegian names for most of the characters in the novel.

Of course, as with all novels came the stress of polishing the plot, editing the story and worrying about sales. But never mind those pesky issues right now. I had so much fun writing LIE CATCHERS. I’ll bask in that joy while the world has a look at this mystery/suspense/romance novel!


No comments: