Wednesday, September 03, 2014

My Desk is Where Magic Happens


My desk is nestled in a corner where my back is to the rest of the room, and I can gaze out a window. My desk is where magic happens. Every time I sit down, I escape into an unknown world and write the whisperings of my heart.

On my desk, I have reminders of the three little boys I love. The seal beanie baby is just like the one I gave my youngest nephew a couple of years ago for Christmas. He takes his everywhere, so I leave mine on my desk. Whenever I see it, I think of him. My oldest nephew gave me the green Power Ranger to put on my desk to fight writer's block. Lastly, the Green Bay Packers little football dude (my favorite team) is from my god son. These three souvenirs stay on my desk at all times!

During each holiday of the year, I get creative with my desk, so it never looks the same. I especially love to create a haunted desk for Halloween! The wall behind my desk also changes frequently. The new project I am writing is set in San Francisco, so I put up a map of California and a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge.

You may also find one of my four adopted cats sleeping between the screen and keyboard. I call them my writing buddies because they like to keep me company during my writing jaunts.

My career begins at my desk, where I am sitting right now, because this is where I can bring my dreams to life. The entire world is at my fingertips here.

Chrys Fey's eBook, Hurricane Crimes, was published by The Wild Rose Press. They will also be publishing her novella, 30 Seconds, September 10th 2014. Her flash fiction has appeared in Suspense Magazine, Freedom Fiction Journal, and Inner Sins magazine. Her blog, Write with Fey, is dedicated to helping and inspiring writers.

Blog: http://www.writewithfey.blogspot.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com.chrysfey





2 comments:

Shirley said...

Nice to see where the magic happens. Thanks for sharing. BTW, I LOVED Hurricane Crimes.

Chrys Fey said...

Thank you so much, Shirley!