Monday, January 04, 2016

Fall In Love With Romance All Over Again With Author Sandra Masters


Let this Racy Eighty Romance Writer share Contemporary, Regency, Historical and Sweet Inspirational Romance that will transport your mind and heat into another place and time!

What creates inspiration for a writer? So many things come to mind, but especially it’s your surroundings in your office, in your home, outside your door, a sunset or sunrise, or a mountainside. Attached you’ll find pictures of my hand painted book cabinets. Certainly it was a project of love to stencil the dancing bears and then add some special touches. Rembrandt I’m not, but sometimes it’s the flaws that bring joy to a special project.

In the wee hours of the morning, there might be a saying, a quotation, a scene, a special dialogue or anything that I want to include in my novel. There’s a serene quiet in the room, except for the sounds of the wind blowing at the Leland Cypress trees, or the chimes singing in a gentle breeze.

I close my eyes and I can see my characters, and they’re telling me what they want to do, who they are, and who they want to be in their lives. Yes, conflict comes to mind. Generally, I’m a plotster but every once in a while, I let them dictate to me. There’s no harm because if I’m not happy with the direction, I just save it to another file for another novel perhaps?

I sometimes work on these thoughts for other novels and have purchased dollar store composition books like the ones we used in Catholic school and each book has a book title. That’s where the notes get written, or the index cards pasted for future use. It is easy for me to admit that one can acquire a headache with all of this but it is the product of a fertile imagination.

I believe that blogs should be short so I share this with you in the hope it is of interest. Then I ask myself, after I’ve taken the aspirin, why do I want to do this? And the answer is all too clear, I don’t want to do anything else. This is something I must do….something I love….something I need.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.

It’s about learning to dance in the rain.

Come dance with me!!!

SANDRA MASTERS, AUTHOR


P.S.  Watch for some important news about my second book, My Divinely Decadent Duke on or about January 8, 2016. on Amazon
 
From a humble beginning in Newark, New Jersey, a short stay at a convent in Morristown, NJ at the age of fourteen, retiring from a fantastic career for a play broadcasting company in Carlsbad, California, to the rural foothills of the Sierras of Yosemite National Park, Sandra traded in the Board Rooms for the Ballrooms of the Regency period and never looked back.

No comments: