Monday, July 18, 2016

Heartfelt by Carol Owen

My novel, Heartfelt, was published by the Wild Rose Press in April. It was the first novel I've written since I was 18. I fully intended to be a writer while I was growing up, and was a creative writing major in college.
But after getting married in my sophomore year, and having three children close together, I found it impossible to find time to write. One day, full of guilt, I gave it up, and almost immediately, my other passion, art, took over. I've been an artist full time my whole adult life until recently.
About three years ago, I suddenly found myself caught up in the lives of characters that seemed to come out of nowhere and took over my mind and my heart, demanding to be heard.
I wrote Heartfelt in nine months, and enjoyed every minute of it. Now I'm working on my second novel. Life has come full circle!
 

1 comment:

Kimberly Keyes Romance said...

Congratulations on coming back to your first love :-) What kind of art do you do? What a lucky person you are to have two creative outlets!
Good luck with your writing career.
Kimberly Keyes