Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Welcome Kenneth G. Bennett

 Welcome Kenneth


Tell us about you and your book, WANDERINGS, A COLLECTION OF SHORT STORIES.

Do you plot or let the story unfold as you write?

I much prefer to start with an idea and let the story unfold. I’ve tried drawing up elaborate outlines and character descriptions and the resulting story always feels forced. I’ve had much better luck when I just let the story unfold as I go.


What's your favorite book you've written?

Exodus 2022, which has sold about 15,000 copies and received positive reviews from Publishers Weekly and Kirkus Reviews.

 

How did you do in English as a kid?

I did well in English. Not so great in math J

Who is the biggest influence on your writing?

Justin Cronin and J.R.R. Tolkien.

Do you have set times during the day that you write? I try to write first thing in the morning, otherwise it’s weighing on me all day.


And for a little fun--

Who do you see as a hero/heroine in your life?

Volodymyr Zelensky, the incredibly brave and heroic leader of Ukraine.

Do you have a favorite quote?

"In wildness is the preservation of the world," Henry David Thoreau 

 

What is your favorite drink? Beer.

You can erase one embarrassing experience from your past. What will it be? I’d like to erase the time that I jogged headfirst into a hanging metal sign on a bustling sidewalk, fell on my ass, and got a concussion.

 

Do you laugh at your own jokes?

I laugh uproariously at my own jokes, which drives my family crazy.



Where can we find out more?

https://www.kennethgbennettbooks.com/


https://www.facebook.com/Exodus2022


Twitter: @kennethgbennett

WANDERINGS, A COLLECTION OF SHORT STORIES

https://www.amazon.com/Wanderings-Collection-Six-Short-Stories-ebook/dp/B09QPL6KF9




No comments: