Friday, September 08, 2006

Allow me to introduce myself...

Hi there, I'm Cindy Spencer Pape, and I write contemporary and paranormal romance. So far. As far as I'm concerned, anything with a happy ending is fair game, so who know's what I'll come up with in the future? My first book with Wild Rose Press, The Cowboy's Christmas Bride, is a contemporary western, with just a touch of something extra. The blurb is already up under the Yellow Rose coming soon page, and on my author page, if you'd like to check it out. This is a very special book for me, one I wrote for my mom. (Who didn't care for all my "spooky sci-fi" stuff.)

Anyway, I was just dropping in to say hello, and let everyone know how happy I am to be part of WRP. Everyone so far has been helpful, professional, and most of all fast! Having waited months if not years, in some cases for rejection letters, getting a contract in a matter of days was quite a thrill. Not to mention having a book coing out for this holiday season!Of course, I was also surprised...now I really need to get going on that website...


About the picture: As you hopefully guessed, I'm the not-so-furry one. Actually in my spare time (ha!), I teach environmental education programs at a local nature center. The bear is, unfortunately an old recycled specimen and part of an exhibit I was redesigning. I am a huge animal lover, and you will often find them in my books.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, from editors to readers, and of course, my fellow authors. I'll be at the Cyber Party on Sunday (Sept. 10, 8 pm EST) and hope to see many of you there. Watch this space and I'll let you know when my website is up and running, meanwhile, you can find me at the WRP site, or at my paranormal blog Sisters Of The Night (http://sistersofthenight.blogspot.com/.)

It's gonna be a great fall!
Cindy

4 comments:

Lynda Hilburn said...

Welcome! I love paranormals (that's about all I read/write!). The Wild Rose Press has been a delightful place to be published and I'm happy you're here! I'll be at the cyber party, too!
Lynda Hilburn
"Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker"

Lora Darling said...

Hi Cindy!!
Welcome to WR (I too am a paranmormal fan, but a good cowboy story never hurts either :))

Emma Sanders said...

Hi Cindy, and welcome to the Wild Rose Press!

Carol Ann said...

Congratulations, Cindy. I can't wait to read your Christmas book! Welcome and I'm looking forward to chatting with you tomorrow!