Sunday, January 28, 2007

Wintertime Blues

Well, it’s finally winter here in Michigan. Living in the suburbs, that means whitish-gray snow, lots of slush, and more salt than the Utah desert. And let’s not even mention cold and flu season. Anyone with kids in school, (right up thru high school) knows that game. It is, however, the perfect time to curl up with a good book, right?

One of the downsides of finally becoming a published author is that I now have much less time to feed my own addiction---er---I mean read. I miss it! I’m firmly convinced that one of the best ways to beat the winter doldrums is by getting lost in a book set somewhere warm, whether that’s a distant planet or a glittering Regency ballroom.

On the upside, though, I’ve discovered a whole world of on-line friends, wonderful readers and fellow authors whose notes give me a smile all day long as I type. So I raise my mug of tea to all of you! Because friends, whether face to face, or on the other side of the world, are even better than books.

Keep warm!
(Or cool, if you’re in the southern hemisphere.)
Cindy

1 comment:

K.M. Saint James said...

Cindy,

My sister recently moved to north Michigan. A small town, 4 hours north of the cities, at least that sounds right. Wadena is the town's name. Even her address is simply listed as Country Highway. As we're from Texas, she likes the open country, but I think the cold and ice will take some adjusting. I'll let her know, there are writers a-plenty finding words to keep things warm in Michigan. Good to chat with you.

Sandra Ferguson
lone-star-meanderings.blogspot.com