Saturday, May 30, 2009

Preliminary Galley for "Someone to Trust" completed

I just finished the preliminary galley for my Inspirational Romance, SOMEONE TO TRUST. Although we yet have another galley to do, I feel such a sense of accomplishment. With the help of a great editor I've seen the story take depth and become complete. While reading the preliminary galley, I'd think, "Wow, did I actually write that?" And though, it certainly may not be the art of some of my favorite authors, It's something I can be proud of. What began as just an idea has actually turned into a novel with real characters who have real problems.

What a long process it's been. But just seeing the cover has made it totally worth it.

I've been writing since age 10. I attempted writing my first romance novel at age 13 so this dream has been a long time coming. Though I put it aside for some time the desire never went away. Characters continued to scramble around in my brain begging to be released and have their story told. I finally gave in to some of them. One of those is Megan from Someone To Trust which is set in the Great Smokey Mountains. Megan has quick wit, a broken heart and a klutz problem. I love characters who are flawed and Megan is just such a character with a story that had to be told. I really like Megan and hope you will as well.

I don't have a release date yet, but when I do I'll be screaming it from the rooftops!

No comments: