Tuesday, February 07, 2017

Bling, Bling

 I’m Really Not a Nightingale. I’m a Magpie


Isn’t it said Magpies are attracted to shiny objects. Well, there I am. I love sparkles! My recent obsession has been large, gawdy CZ jewelry. Thing is most of it is actually beautiful – not like its real counterpart – but sparkly!

I bought a large emerald cut ring, drop earrings to match and a bling watch (Marquise cut fantasia). Now, I must STOP. My Discover card is screaming. Contrary to my original opinion, CZs are no longer cheap. Maybe the design has altered. They are very clear and (sparkly) glitter and shine. By the standards of the Olden Days, they are no longer inexpensive. The emerald cut ring wasn’t ANYTHING like a diamond price-wise, but I did experience sticker shock expecting below $20. But it is a ROCK.
I’ll be in England visiting my son, daughter-in-law, and grandchildren in May. My daughter-in-law came clean and admitted to being a Magpie. I bought a pair of glittering earrings for her. My granddaughter, a budding young Magpie, had a prom for graduation from what is elementary school here. She’s shopping for her prom dress with grandma. She’ll get some nice bling, too.
Do you like shiny things? You may be a closet Magpie. And genuine diamonds aren’t the only way to shine.

There are several good on-line marketers: Most expensive, Berricle—high quality; Mid-range: Bling Jewelry and Palm Beach Jewelry; and very good prices: Dreamland Jewelry. I now tend to shy away from eBay.

Autumn, the heroine in Her General in Gray, would like one of those rings, I’m sure.  Coming in April, my ghost story inspired by the Ghost and Mrs. Muir.  Tagline:  A Massachusetts lass purchases a southern plantation complete with the ghost of a Confederate General. Sparks fly.

Linda Nightingale - Author
Out of the Ordinary..Into Extraordinary Realms

No comments: