Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker

Hello, everyone!
This is my first blog as a new author for the Black Rose Line of The Wild Rose Press. I'm very happy to be here. My 12,000-word vampire humor/satire short story, Diary of a Narcissistic Bloodsucker, will be for sale one of these days soon. Here's a blurb for the story:

Told in first person by the vampire herself (Zara), this is the diary of an ancient, self-absorbed, yet-amusing nightwalker. She lusts for both sex and blood. Unfortunately, something has gone awry and her normal habits now create new problems to solve. In the midst of sorting things out, she meets an intriguing human named Niven -- a musician who lives in the magical kingdom of contemporary Boulder, CO -- and discovers that he is much more than he appears to be. Then, if things weren't interesting enough, Zara encounters her old mentor/lover -- the vampire who originally turned her -- and things get downright supernatural.

This will be my first fiction sale. I've written nonfiction for a long time, but something about letting my creative imagination run wild in the paranormal genre has really been an enlightening experience. I've also completed a 105,000-word novel which my agent is selling for me, and I'm in the midst of a couple of other projects. I'm a vampire fan: reader and writer. Most everything I've written so far falls into one vampire archetype or another. I think because I make my living as a psychotherapist, and I work with problems, dilemmas and quandaries, I appreciate not dealing with "normal" reality in my fiction writing. That's why I focus on extraordinary beings -- especially gorgeous ones.

This first story for the Black Rose Line is not a traditional romance. It's the irreverent experiences of a self-absorbed vampire named Zara. She's pretty much your basic bad girl. I hope you'll take a moment to check her out when my story's ready for sale.

You can read more about me on my blog and my website:
www.lyndahilburn.com
http://paranormalityuniverse.blogspot.com

Lynda Hilburn

4 comments:

Lora Darling said...

Hello, fellow vampire lover :)
Congrats on the story, and I can't wait to check it out.

Lynda Hilburn said...

Dear Lora: Thanks so much! It's a quirky little story, rather unorthodox! I hope people enjoy it! I look forward to checking out yours, too!!
Lynda

Carol Ann said...

I love it! Gorgeous vampires. Interesting to read of your background and why you've chosen this genre.

Congrats!
Carol Ann

Lora Darling said...

Well, Lynda...
If you're looking for vampires and you like them HOT, feel free to download Blood Ritual, the story I have out under the Scarlet Rose line :)