Monday, March 26, 2007

Glory Days and Scratching my Head

by Maggie Toussaint

I've had the glory of that first blockbuster of a booksigning, I've had people stop me in the street to say they are reading my book and loving it. My neighbors are proud to have a published author in their midst. I'm referred to as "The Author," as if there isn't any one else who writes for thousands of miles. (And I have to admit, vainly, that I love wearing the mantle of The Author.)

What's next on the horizon? The HOUSE OF LIES e-book topped TWRP bestseller list in January. Print sales are encouraging so far. I'm working on the next book, NO SECOND CHANCES. But there's more work to be done on promoting HOUSE OF LIES.

More store vendors to approach. More reviews to collect. More online chats to do. More newspapers to contact regarding publicity. More groups to speak at to make more personal contacts. I'm using my bookmark at every chance I get, handing it to people, telling them about my website and my books.

At this point the marketing of HOUSE OF LIES doesn't feel finished. I'd like to be independently wealthy and send out copies of my book to every librarian and book store owner across the country and beyond, but that's a pipe dream. I'm going back through my files, looking for missed opportunities, trying to see what else can be done to get the word out.

After that, it's back to the drawing board. Back to creating a story that will capture the hearts of readers. Because no matter how much promotion you do, it all boils down to the writing.

Maggie Toussaint
HOUSE OF LIES, buy it now at www.amazon.com

No comments: