Thursday, March 27, 2008

FORMERLY KNOWN AS OVERWORKED AND UNDERLAID

Yup, it's me again. Out of publishing limbo and loving it. My little book that could is even on the Bestseller list for my line. Who would have thought? (Of course I hoped and prayed) But I'm not here to talk about that fabulous book that has so far received fabulous reviews. (Well, only two, but that's neither here or there.) I'm here to talk about the book once called Overworked and Underlaid.

It started out as a germ of an idea. Then it blossomed into three chapters. Then I lost the notebook I had penned those first three chapters in. I didn't forget about the idea, but I kept typing away(really revising and revising and revising) on How Much You Want to Bet?

But then I got the chance to write this story. (Okay, I was freaking out, going over edits for How Much You Want to Bet? and waiting for more. I had nothing but free time to spaz out. So I used the time to distract myself.) I didn't remember all the details of the story, but I had a title and the opening scene. This story had been simmering for close to a year. So I penned that sucker in three months. And now, voila

Oh, the title change, well, it was a little racy. But trust me the sex scenes live up to that title.

Here's a blurb:
A rock and a hard place has nothing on Megan Hazley when she agrees to stay for her mother's wedding. Nicole aka Mommie Dearest isn't Megan's only obstacle to getting the deed to her deceased father's home; her ex-boyfriend, Aiden Blake, is the best man. Time hasn’t lessened the spark between them, a spark that should have died the day she hitched hiked out of “Boondock”, U.S.A.

Megan must deal with the troubles she left behind 12 years ago and choose between the man she once loved and the life she built for herself.

Who said going home was easy?


I know since you've read How Much You Want to Bet? You can't wait for this one to be released. Well, you're going to have to wait for me to finish spazing out on edits. But if you don't have How Much You Want to Bet? You can get it here. Just a little something to tide you over.

Melissa Blue and I'm out.

No comments: