Friday, December 23, 2016

Moonlight On The Shenandoah


My new release Moonlight On The Shenandoah is a ghost story packed with eerie experiences, adventure, and love. What inspired me to write this book? It tumbled around in my head for years while I wrote other stories, tended to my dying mom, and tended numerous grandchildren.

We live on several acres of land adjoining the Shenandoah National Park and we have a wonderful view of the Shenandoah Valley from our porch and decks where the two forks of the Shenandoah River run through the valley below. There is also a Civil War-era grave on our property that was part of the inspiration for this book. All the "what ifs" came into play in my mind. Along with the wonderful spooky mists that descend upon us in these deciduous wooded mountains and the strong Civil War history in the area, the setting was perfect for a ghost story. I spent hours researching this county just for the love of history. I learned a lot of interesting details, some that made it into my book. The ghost's story began rather different from what it evolved into. Once I got to know my characters, they more or less grabbed the story and ran. I just followed in pursuit of a wonderful tale.

I hope y'all can enjoy this intricate love story that brings together lost souls and unearths old wounds to heal them. Azure and Benjamin find friendship in the company of Jesse, a hundred and fifty-year-old ghost. His death was unexpected and his body never found, two things he wants to set right when he first approaches Azure for help.

Christine Poe
http://catalog.thewildrosepress.com/all-titles/4737-moonlight-on-the-shenandoah.html

No comments: