Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Through the Garden Gate -- "Sundial"

Sundial by Carrie LoftyHello! My name is Carrie Lofty, and I've recently joined the TWRP family. My short story, "Sundial," won the Vintage category of the Through the Garden Gate contest. I am so happy to present this cover, designed by Nicola Martinez, which is both gorgeous and true to the story. I couldn't have asked for anything better. "Sundial" will be published in December.

Here's the blurb:
Amber Schulman stepped into a lush English garden in 2007, only to arrive in breathtaking Sorrento, Italy--in 1958. The only person who understands her confusion is fellow time traveler Mark Lacey, a New Yorker who comes from the land of cassette tapes and Reaganomics. His dark, world-weary eyes beckon her with secrets and sensuality. But why does he seem so familiar?

Trapped in the past since he was a teen, Mark wants nothing to do with another whining newcomer. But the blue-eyed Aussie might be able to answer the one question that haunts him: Do I ever get back to 1987? From soccer to samba to sex, Amber tempts him with a zeal for life and love, pulling him free of his lonely isolation.

But getting home proves easier than they imagined. How will their love endure when Amber returns to her time--and Mark to his?
My debut novel, WHAT A SCOUNDREL WANTS--a swashbuckling love story that picks up Will Scarlet's story where the old Robin Hood legends leave off--will be a December 2008 Zebra Debut release from Kensington. While my website is undergoing renovations, please visit my TWRP bio page or my personal blog, Salome's Corner.

3 comments:

Donna Michaels said...

Congratulations, Carrie!!

I love the premise and the cover.

Donna Michaels

Kelly McCrady said...

I have read everything by this author, and I hunger for more. My privilege for being one of her crit partners, but trust me--Carrie Lofty's writing will blow you away. I can't wait to see the reception Sundial gets!

Jennifer Y. said...

This sounds awesome!