Friday, May 29, 2020

And Author Interview with D. K. Deters

Hi D.K.

Welcome to the Garden Interviews

Tell us about you and your books



How did you do in English as a kid?
I remember little about my early years, but high school English was another story. I always wanted to throw my underwhelming pages in the trash. It turns out, I did fine, but it took years to recognize that everyone has their own writing style and voice.

What was the hardest chapter/book to finish and why?
I’ve always had a tough time finishing the last chapter. I worry if the reader will be satisfied with the ending or if I’ve somehow overlooked a plot hole.  It’s tough to say goodbye to the characters since they’ve been my inspiration for months and months.

Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
There’s a little bit of a hero in all the characters. Their small and almost forgettable actions will have you wondering how they all connect.

What was the hardest part of writing your book?
Since Christmas Once Again is a time travel fantasy, I was careful about separating the past from the present.

When did you first, without hesitation, call yourself a writer?
November 12, 2018. The day Christmas Once Again was published.

Now let's get to the personal stuff...

Are you jealous of other writers?
Oh yeah. Sometimes I’ll read a line or a paragraph that this is pure mastery and wish I could write like that.

What makes you laugh?
My grandchildren.

Do you have any hobbies?
I enjoy restoring old dollhouses and secondhand furniture.

If you were a tool, what would you be?
I’d be a tack remover. I usually can’t find mine until I’ve finished with my furniture project.

What is your favorite time of year and why?
December. Christmas is my favorite holiday.

Where can we find out more?


Download Christmas Once Again on Amazon and other online retailers



4 comments:

CB Clark said...

You have an interesting hobby, DK. I'd love to see photos of the doll houses you restore. Best of luck with your writing.

DK Deters said...

Thanks, CB! There are a couple of pictures here https://www.dkdeters.com/meet-the-author.html.

GiniRifkin said...

Nice meeting you DK: Liked your "favorite tool answer" LOL. Wishing you continued success.

Charlotteoshayauthor.com said...

I love your hobby so cool.