Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Garden Interview with Micki Miller

Hello Micki

1. Question: Do you plot or let the story unfold as you write?
   Answer: I’ve been both a plotter and a pantster. These days I start off with a thorough plot. Sometimes it carries me through. Other times, like with the book I’m writing now, the story goes off the rails and I’m plowing through the woods, at night, without a headlight.

2. Question: When did you decide to become an author?

   Answer: I never decided. I just wrote stories, always. Even before I learned how to write I was making up stories in my head. As I got older, people often thought I was a space case, because, well, I was. Still am, with stories dancing in my head all the time vying for my attention.

3. Question: Do you have set times during the day that you write?

  Answer: I love to write early in the morning, before the sun rises. It feels like the whole world is asleep. The phone doesn’t ring. No one knocks at the door. Everything is quiet and peaceful. I often get some time in the afternoon, but it doesn’t have the same all-for-me vibe as early mornings.

4. Question: How do you deal with writer’s block?

   Answer: I’ve never had anything so extreme as writer’s block. I often get stuck. When that happens, I go brush my teeth. If my breath is extremely fresh, you know it’s been a tough day of writing.


and for a little fun...

1. Question: Who do you see as a hero in your life?

  Answer: My hero is my husband, Randy. I was at a very low point in my life when he appeared like a fairytale prince and wrapped me in his love. Besides, he’s the only man I’ve ever met who was brave enough to marry me, lol.

2. Question: What did you want to be when you grew up?

   Answer: I always wanted to be a writer. I told my mother that once and she laughed at me. For many years I didn’t say it again. When I did, it was only to a couple of close friends. I think a lot of people were shocked when I was offered a contract.

3. Question: Who’s more fun, bad boys or a perfect gentleman?

    Answer: I had my fill of bad boys growing up. The concept is very different from the reality. I’ll take a gentleman every time. Every time.

4: Question: If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

    Answer: Warning, anything you say or do could end up in a story. Befriend me at your own risk. Hehehe.


Where can we find you online?

Twitter: @millermwriter

Instagram: micki.miller

Download A Bandit’s Request on Amazon and other online retailers.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W55B4WY





2 comments:

Judith Sterling said...

Great interview, Micki! And I'm with you: I'll take the gentleman every time. Wishing you continued success with your writing!

GiniRifkin said...

Hi Micki: Nice to learn more about you. LOL on the "writers' block" response.
Best of luck in your writing.