Friday, May 01, 2020

Welcome Peggy Chambers to our garden interviews


Hello Peggy


Do you plot or let the story unfold as you write? 

I always plot the story.  I know the beginning and ending and sometimes have trouble with the middle.  When I’m finished I make sure my story arc is strong and there are no plot holes.

Have you ever cried while writing a book? 

Not when writing but when re-reading I do sometimes and that is how I know it is good.  Silly, but true.

What is your favorite book you’ve written and why? 

Stones of Sandhill Island – it deals with the emotional side of survivor guilt and the heroine must pull herself up and become whole again even when she is knocked down over and over again.
How do you get past those bumps in the narrative that slow down your writing? I write the beginning and then the climax first.  When I get lost, I go on to another part of the story and  then come back to where the problem lies.  It often fills itself in as I move forward.

What are your current projects? 

I have several.  I signed a contract with The Wild Rose Press on my One Scoop or Two novella, Strawberry Sundae Delight, and I’m excited to show that to you soon. It is set on Sandhill Island again with new characters. I wrote my first comic script recently for Okie Comics based on some characters in my YA fantasy Glome’s Valley books. It should be out shortly and I’m excited.  I have a pulp fiction on the desk at Airship 27, Flat Iron Death Grip, that is a snarky superhero romp.  I always love the illustrations that go with their books and I can’t wait for its publication.  I am writing the second in the Keystone Lake series, Blooming Justice, and during the quarantine I am making good progress on it.  It might be finished by the time we can get out again.  I also have the beginning of the third Sandhill Island books, Smugglers of Sandhill Island.  I also began a romance novel set in the Greek Islands that is based on a Greek myth that is so far untitled. As you can see, I’m interested several genres and I have decided to quit worrying about crossing boundaries.

What did you want to be when you grew up? 

I wanted to be a teacher, but I didn’t finish college at that time.  I got married young and had children before going back to school.

Have you ever found true love? 

Yes, and I live with him every day!

If you came with a warning label, what would it say? 
I bottle up my emotions and then when I let go, I say and do too much.  I need to learn to deal with problems as they happen instead of exploding when I reach my limit. I appear calm and cool on the outside but look out!

If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would be the most essential for you? 

I wanted to say, books, books and books.  But I might need a few other things.  Hopefully, food, water and shelter could be found on the island.  Books would be number one after that, but maybe an old abandoned wine cellar?  I think I see a story developing here!

Tell us where we can find out more 

My website: http://peggylchambers.com
Find me on Instagram at champeggy


Witches’ Cliff novella from the Deerbourne Inn Series.


No comments: