Friday, April 17, 2020

Today we have Larry Farmer on our author interviews

Hello Larry

thank you for stopping by. tell us about your books.


Do you have trouble saying goodbye to characters?
            There is a sentimentality involved. But I love the completion. Not just finishing, but the sense of  completion and fulfillment. These characters are mine, of me, and fulfilled.
           
Do you plot or let the story unfold as you write?
I know the story and direction. Twists and turns and mutations do occur, but I know where I’m headed going into the story.
Do you research (choose one of the following item) your sex scenes?
I choose not to write full sex scenes. I want to spice up the story, but prefer implications and emotion.
Who is the biggest influence on your writing?
            As far as established writers are concerned, John Steinbeck, John Grisham, and Ernest Hemingway. Mostly for style but also somewhat for story trend. Bigger than them are the aspiring writers I’ve met along the way. Their failures as well as successes and how they cope with it all.
Are your books or characters based on anyone you know, or events in your own life?
             Almost all based on people and events I’ve known and lived. Not a direct link every time, but for the meat of the story. A painter sees what he sees, not just a verbatim snapshot. There is a lot of shaping to do even if you base a story on true events and people. Some new made up characters are in the mix as well, but by then the flow has been established and these new characters fill in to complement it.

And a little about you...
If you were a tool what would you be?

            Some kind of functional yet alluring car.
If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
            Don’t tread on me.
Are you fun to go on vacation with?
            Unless you want to run the show.
If you were stranded on a desert island, what three things would be the most essential for you?
            Some kind of tool I could access for building and maintenance. Natural resources like fresh water and fruit. Imagination.
Have you ever found true love?
            With adorable people. Sometimes foolishly with not so adorable.
Where can we find out more?

Website: http://larryfarmerwrites.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/larryfarmerwrites/
Twitter: @LFarmerWrites
Download I Will Survive on Amazon and other online retailers







3 comments:

https://www.facebook.com/mickimillerwriter said...

I enjoyed his answer on plotting.

GiniRifkin said...

Hi Larry: fun to learn more about you. Liked the Gadsden reference.

Tena Stetler said...

Hi Larry! I love author interviews because you get to know them better. Best of luck!