Thursday, April 09, 2020

Welcome D. V. Stone to our garden interviews

Welcome D. V. , Donna :)

thank you for joining us today


Have you ever cried while writing a book? 

I have a work in progress called Tuilelaith, The Breaking of a Bond. There’s a scene that makes me bawl like a baby every time it read it. Her pain touches me in a very personal way.  

When did you decide to become an author? 

Reading has always been my passion. My mom says I never wanted toys or dolls. Only books. I’ve written press releases and training manuals for jobs. Over the years, I tried to write, but it wasn’t until I was laid-off from a job I cared about that writing took. Further down, you ask about a phrase from my book. We all have choices about whether to take the bad, and make the best of a situation, or let the situation steer our life. I wallowed in self-pity for a bit but then decided not to let it control my life.

What was the hardest chapter/book to finish and why? 

I usually start out with a bang. Also, I know where I want my stories to end. Often it’s the middle chapters where I often find myself mired down.

Does working to deadline inspire or annoy you? 

Lol, I’m task-oriented. As Sheldon Cooper would say, “I’ve been tested.” Tell me what you want done and by when, and BAM, you’ve got it.

Which phrase in the book are you most proud of? 

“Circumstances change us. We can either curse them, and let them control us, or allow whatever happens to make us better.”

Do you write under a pen name? 

Yes. My real name is Donna Van Stone. I’ve always signed my name D. V. Stone. I figured it was easy when I do book signings. Many of my past co-workers also call me DVS. Sound it out devious. I’m not, though, really—wink.

and with that lets have some fun

Do you have a favorite quote?


Your thoughts of God are too human~ Martin Luther

Has the dog ever eaten your manuscript?


My girl Hali didn’t eat my manuscript, but I worked for many hours creating gift bags for a book signing. She got into ALL of them and trashed the entire lot, even chewing the magnets up.

Have you ever found true love?

 I’m married for the second time. Peter is the love of my life. We became engaged within two months of knowing each other, and twenty-six years later, we are still lovers and best friends.

If you came with a warning label, what would it say?

Lack of kindness to people and animals may cause an explosion.

Do you have any hobbies?

 I love the outdoors. Traveling in my 5th Wheel camper is my happy place. Cooking over the open fire and enjoying a glass of wine and a good book next to that same fire. I love to garden and this year planted herbs in pots so I can take them with me on my adventures.

where can wee find out more



Find Rock House Grill on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Rock-House-Grill-Impact-Book-ebook/dp/B084VCWRXR/ and other online retailers





2 comments:

Laura Strickland said...

D. V., Great interview! Loved learning more about you. Good luck with the new release!

D. V. STONE said...

Thanks Laura🌷