Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Welcome Beverly Torres to our garden interviews

Hello Beverly


Do you plot or let the story unfold as you write?

I do both. I usually get the plot to start with, but as I write, the characters take on a life of their own, so my original plot changes as the characters develop.

Have you ever cried while writing a book?

Yes, I did. When one of my characters went through so much pain from humans that he became a nemesis to Quentin.



Do you have trouble saying goodbye to characters?

Always. They become so much a part of me, an extension, that I become so involved in their lives. When their story ends, it’s a letdown as I enjoyed their journey!



Who is the biggest influence on your writing?

My mother. Although I always have to block out the sex scenes in the draft because she just can’t read those parts!



Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?

Yes, there is. In “The Moon’s Pull,” I wanted what we’re doing to the environment to be the message and how it affects the animals, who have no say in this world.



And a little fun


Who do you see as a hero/heroine in your life?

My mother. She always encouraged me to try things, like writing. She supports me in everything, and for me, she’s the best mom I could’ve wished for.

What did you want to be when you grew up?

A doctor, but I was always terrible in math and chemistry, so that was definitely the wrong choice.

What is your favorite drink?

Margarita on the rocks. There’s nothing more refreshing on a hot summer day, drinking with the girls!

Do you laugh at your own jokes?

Always! I love humor, so laughing is a big part of who I am.


Find The Moon's Pull on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Moons-Pull-Beverly-Torres-ebook/dp/B003TO5G7G
and other online retailers


1 comment:

Laura Strickland said...

Beverly, Your books sound fascinating and meaningful! And your comment about blacking out love scenes in your draft made me laugh. My daughter's confessed to me that when she reads my stories, she skims over those--just too hard to read. Best of luck with your work!